RYA POWER BOAT INTERMEDIATE
|Who is the Course Suitable For?||An ideal course for those who have successfully completed Level 2 but want to further their powerboat skills and qualifications.|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|Price||Call for Price & Dates|
- Knowledge of Navigation, true and magnetic bearings, bearings and distance, chart symbols, tidal diamonds and tidal streams, use of pilot books, positions lines, use of marina locks (can be covered practically if appropriate).
- An understanding of longitude and latitude, the principles of GPS, sources of forecast information and the interpretation of forecasts
- Use a plotting instrument and plot a course to steer (CTS).
- Work out tidal heights for standard ports using a tidal curve.
- Interpret buoyage.
- Interpret specific IRPCS.
- Use GPS waypoint navigation.
- Be able to use a laminated chart afloat.
- Use pilotage to enter an unfamiliar port by day.
- Explain how to make a VHF emergency call.
The aim of the practical session is to put into practice the theory detailed above and to complete a passage.To understand the importance of:
- Boat Preparation
- Boat Handling
- Practical Pilotage
- Passage Planning
- Man overboard in more demanding conditions